Armenia is one of the earliest Christian civilizations and a former Soviet republic. The country is known for its many religious and pilgrimage sites such as the Greco-Roman Temple of Garni, the Khor Virap Monastery near Mount Ararat and the 4th-century Etchmiadzin Cathedral. Lake Sevan is also a famous tourist attraction, boasting beach resorts known for windsurfing, jet-skiing, and sailing.
An Armenia tour package would be incomplete without visiting the capital city of Yerevan, having historically important attractions like the Matenadaran museum. This is also a place known for its street markets and buzzing night clubs. Armenia is also home to the world’s longest reversible cableway, the “Wings Of Tatev” aerial tramway.
Quick facts about Armenia
- Rich and ancient cultural heritage
- The first country in the world to embrace Christianity as the official religion
- Three sites in Armenia are listed by UNESCO as world heritage sites
- Vivid nightlife, live music, cafes, and jazz clubs that grind till dawn
- Known for being the best street artists of the modern world
- Echoes of Church chants and melodies that calms the soul fill the air all around
- A country of unforgettably hospitable people
- Rich cuisine that comes full of spices and fresh ingredients
- Amazing spirit culture ranging from the most ancient wine factory to Areni Noir, the indigenous grape variety, first planted by Noah